- Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- When packing toys or smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain newspaper to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed).
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage in order to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit. Extra Space Storage sells locks on-site; ask the Store Manager for details.
- When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes, and utilize dehumidifiers to prevent mildew build up.
- Store furniture carefully on boards or pallets.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Store small items like pots and pans in large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators.
- Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- When storing business files, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible.
- Clean furniture, boxes and the storage unit of all food and perishables.
“Great place and even better people!”
"...the owner is very trustworthy and the storage units are kept secure with a locked gate that is only open during business hours. And, they have the cheapest rate I’ve found in Athens! ... The location is easily accessible right off Atlanta Hwy. Only a couple minute drive from downtown. Close to the loop and Hwy. 316. Glad to support a local business and would recommend to anyone!"
"Good prices on storage"